Thursday, December 7, 2017

Love this season

Love this season.  Reminds me of how blessed I am. I thank you Lord for this life you have afforded me.  “Lord knows” there were times that I did not honor or recognize you as “Lord” of my life.  I borrowed your strength and discarded your guidance. You let me live my life with a “toothless” pit bull named mercy forever hoping that you kept its teeth in a jar as I strayed away from you.  You poured your love into me while I was still in sin.  When I rejected your love, I could hear the nails in the distant being rammed into your hands and feet.  Yet and still… I proceeded to stray spiritually farther and farther away from you.  God, you matched my speed and evasive maneuvers and stayed constant in my life.  I love this season because it reminds me to be thankful for what you have given me, a fantastic life and grace in the form of my wife Janet. “Lord knows” I do not deserve the woman that rode with me in good times and some awful times. I have two daughters that make me laugh, cry, and pray without ceasing.  My prayer is that they got the best of me and learned to avoid the stumbles I try to make known.  I am thankful that if for only a moment in time I am able to guide the heart and mind of an incredible granddaughter you have allowed to inhabit my life.  Lord God I am so thankful for this life and the blessing you have allowed to trickled down. For all of these things I am thankful.    Glad the tomb is empty.

No comments: