Sunday, August 11, 2019

Close To You

The first time I reached for your hand you weren’t quite ready.  You weren’t ready to concede to my advances let alone my touch.  I didn’t understand.  Just another clumsy attempt on my part was all I could derive from my latest advance. I was befuddled but determined.  Your grace and mesmerizing smile trapped my mind in an undeniable quest to get closer to you. When I think about that moment, I wanted you to see me but I didn’t know what “me” looked like.  I let down my guard down and you met me where I was.  Now when I hold your hand, I feel your heartbeat for me.  I see your love. I hear your body call me to come nearer.  I know that our hands are an extension of our souls coming together preparing for infinity. Because of this, I will keep reaching and wanting. I love you sweetheart. Glad the tomb is empty

No comments: