Tuesday, August 11, 2020

To Be Honest

To be honest there are times when it is so confusing when you love a woman. Everything you are taught growing up has to be thrown out the big picture window in the living room you weren’t allowed to go into. Don’t get me wrong, I know it is confusing and sometimes painful to love me because there are times I don’t like myself when I’m trying to navigate our relationship. Many years ago I committed to getting as close to you as God would allow. Your smile, your gaze, your “aura” called me and enticed my youthful heart. It has been a while since I saw my own “footsteps” in the sand. I know He carries me and I know He binds us. I know He feeds our “us” with His holy spirit. He explained that It is not the fall that destroys relationships. It is how and where you land. I fell towards your love and landed in your arms. Being submerged in another heart is not the problem. It is how long you stay there and what you find there. I found you in Him. In 1981 when I left the nest I didn’t think about falling. Your love had already filled my wings with our future. I love you, sweetheart! Glad the tomb is empty!

No comments: