Monday, September 19, 2022

The Truth

Fall of 1975 my brain took control of our relationship. It decided I did not need a girlfriend at 16 years old. Most folks said you good, it was only “puppy love”. Looking back, I can remember being heartbroken. However, I could not find a way to bring myself back to you. I stumbled miserably through our junior year because every time my heart reached for you or wanted to call out to you, my mind took those words and feelings and sent them into a loop of confusion. My mind was determined to “outsmart the truth”. The truth was that “me and my heart” were deeply and passionately in love with you. That was the truth then and it is the truth now. Subsequently I have learned to always think about you with my heart because that is where you reside. I love you sweetheart, then and now! Glad the tomb is empty!

No comments: