Monday, February 26, 2018

The Runway

    I was sitting in the halls of Harlan High tying my shoes getting ready for practice. I heard the rush of folks coming around the corner as class was letting out. My first inclination was to press up against the locker to avoid the crowd. Then I looked up and saw her with a crew of girls coming my way. It is kind a corny but everyone else blurred out of the scene. Her long strides were amplified by the easy sway of the books she held in her arms. Our eyes connected and we had a I'll see you after practice conversation in that moment. Her smile froze my thoughts to everything that did not include her. I had already let the cat out of the bag and told her I loved her. There was no going back now. In my minds eyes I saw her walking down the runway (hallway) with the grace of a model. To this day I still see that model with the grace that makes my thoughts lock in on our love. We still in this with God's covenant as our guide and I'm still loving you sweetheart… Glad the tomb is empty.

No comments: