Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Being a Fixer

Most folk will probably agree that men believe we are fixers. Even my granddaughter will be quick to tell you "G-Da can fix anything." I have learned that most times I first need to listen to Janet recap her day or some random situation she has encountered. I will admit I struggle as I wait for permission to put some testosterone on it. This is where God has shown me how to be less of a fixer and more of a healer. I can’t fix every problem but I can help to heal the wound caused by it. I listen for the pain or frustration in her voice and watch her body language. I need to absorb and dilute that frustration with my strength and peace. Janet needs to feel my empathy and love. She does not need sympathy or a war cry to solve her “problem”. Believe me, this sister can wage her own wars. I married a cute (long legged) cleaver girl that has matured into a dynamically powerful, and incredibly beautiful mature woman. My role is to spread my wings of love and cover her through it all. My words of comfort and my embrace heal her mind and spirit. She is now back on track to be the woman that God has intended her to be. God has given me more power to heal than fix. I love you sweetheart! Glad the tomb is empty!

No comments: