Friday, February 7, 2020

Bloom Where You Are Planted


My flower beds have become unkempt. The flowers have long since died and withered. The mulch is the dominate organic life form. However, a few months ago I plated some collards back in the corner that I grew from seeds in my kitchen window. I thought they might have a chance. They have produced two big pots, one for Thanksgiving and one for Christmas. This weekend frost was predicted. I covered them with some plastic. I was a little worried they might not make it. When I got home from church I pulled back the plastic. They sprung up from being “covered” all night and morning. Leaves look strong. Another pot is coming soon. Pastor Carter preached from Genesis 39 and 40. “Bloom Where You Are Planted.” Works for life and gardens. Pastor’s last two sermons have been all over my personal “Joseph” day. Speak to me Lord, from the pulpit or the garden. Your servant Lance is ready to “bloom”… Glad the tomb is empty.

No comments: