Thursday, May 6, 2021

My Attention

 

March 27, 1975 is not our wedding anniversary. It is the day Janet “took” my attention! She didn’t ask for it or negotiate a time when she would give it back. She took my attention with impunity. I had no recourse. Because I had pursued her relentlessly, I jumped right in. I would have been satisfied with only a moment of her time or just an acknowledgement that the “chase” existed. God fooled me. He didn’t give me all the details. I had no idea Janet could offer a life of love, caring, an unrelenting defense and protector of my spirit, and my ultimate cheerleader who would forever be in my corner. When God nudged Janet and she “decided” she would grant me time and space, my life’s trajectory was forever changed. I moved to Texas. “I’d rather live in her world, than live without her in mine.” I pray that God is pleased (and relieved) with our life together. I love you sweetheart! March 27, May 7, 9, June 27, 2021. Glad The Tomb Is Empty

No comments: