Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Road To 40


      

Our Road to 40… Harlan High was the catalyst for our relationship. The University of Chicago was the “jump off point” where you decided I had potential and called off the chase. There were long good byes on King Drive. Then long drives from Carbondale to Dallas. Our relationship is like a small stream that turns into a full blown river on its way to the ocean. Oceans are vast, deep and largely unexplored. After 40 years we still have so much to look forward to. You didn’t give me your heart on consignment. You told me, then showed me it was mine by pouring your life into mine. I promised God I would not spill a drop. So I want us to live each day like it is our last. Someday it will be. Let there be no doubt about our love for one another or our life together. I love you sweetheart. Glad the tomb is empty!

No comments: