Monday, November 25, 2019

South African Experience



A South African Mission Experience. While our team was out evangelizing, we knocked on a door and this beautiful young lady answered. “My mother is not home and she told me not to go out or let anyone in. But can you pray for me?” We stopped in the hall, on the stairs, and at the door to pray for this young lady who knew the Lord and the power of prayer. I was deeply moved by this encounter and felt woefully inadequate in my faith and conviction. This was one of many life-changing encounters on our trip that I still am “grappling with”. I feel like I found a part of me there but I also left a part of me there as well. Pastor Fynn told us we were “born in the United States, but we were created in Africa.” 


Glad the tomb is empty.


No comments: