Thursday, March 30, 2023

Talking Hearts

 

Our sweetheart month is ending but our love continues to grow. Many years ago my girlfriend messed around and became my best friend! When we hooked up in “75” Janet had a project on her hands. There was so much that I could share with her that would not go over well with my guy friends despite how close we were. As teenagers and young adults, we both appreciated that bond. But the world invaded our lives, and our hearts lost the ability to communicate with each other. The daily grind of trying to survive in this world took over. Our hearts and our relationship suffered from the silence. We needed to hear our hearts have a conversation. Without mentors or even plausible examples, our growth as a couple and parents was impeded by that silence. The covenant we made with God kept our hands on the proverbial broomstick we jumped when we said “I do.” Janet and I don’t take for granted that the world does not always recognize that we are intrinsically linked, two sides of the same coin. We learned to remove the obstacles and let our hearts talk to each other. That’s why we are best friends (and lovers.) I B loving U sweetheart! Glad the tomb is empty!

No comments: