Saturday, April 15, 2017

Is Your Tomb Occupied?


On Easter Sunday morning Christians love to hear the story of a risen savior. This part of the scripture enforces our faith and belief that my God can do all things and that if I believe He will give me the strength to do all things.   Three woman went to the tomb on Sunday morning with spices they had prepared.  Did they expect that the guards would break the seal and allow them to anoint the body of the Jesus?  Were they there to anoint a dead Jesus who died with the sins of all humanity? Were they making the trip to see the empty tomb.  Maybe they understood “…I will raise it again in three days”.   I am curious to know the purpose of their trip.
These woman went to the tomb on Sunday morning with spices they had prepared. I dreamed that I was on that road with these women.  When we arrived, the stone was in place. The guards were there but suddenly the woman were no longer with me.  The guards stood before a tomb with my name on it.  They offered to help me move the stone, which we did without much effort.  I am not sure what I expected to see but what was very clear to me was that my tomb was not empty.
Inside I “greeted” the worst of me.  I spoke to my unforgiving heart.  I discussed life with my discouraging tongue. I high fived my mean streak.  I put some cool shades on my roving eyes.  I saw my gifts still wrapped in the packaging they came in. They all moved closer but I knew I could not stay long.  I woke up and tried to explain to Janet what I saw in my dream.  The question that followed me that day is what if my tomb was occupied? In my dream, I saw what lived there.  Could the guards or societies seal contain them?
When Jesus died, the Father could not look upon Him because He had taken on the sin of humanity.  He took those sins to hell and “handled up” on Lucifer and death.  In my dream, I think Jesus left my sins in the tomb.  There are times that I think and behave as if I visit the tomb regularly.  If you have met one of those guys please accept my apology.  I chose to serve a risen savior and not a dead Jesus. Jesus took my sins with Him and deposited them in the sea of forgiveness.  This is why every day I can say I am doing “absolutely wonderful” because I know that my tomb is empty.   

No comments: