Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Remember the First Kiss

Do you remember our first kiss? It is sketched so deep in my memory that it reappears each time I move in for another (first) kiss. After being in your presence for most of the past 46 years, this moment has to be one of my most "romantic" memories. My journey to that kiss was filled with my own indecision, self-doubt, thoughts of defeat, and an actual willingness to accept rejection. That kiss came after what I thought was the worst first date in all the chronicles of dating. It was a kiss that I never expected to get. It put a “glide in my stride, a dip in my hip” on the way to a cold Chicago bus stop. That first kiss stopped time and changed the climate with each step.
Today I need to let you know that my day does not start until I look into those starry eyes.
My day does not start until I hear your touch say “yes it is a good morning.”
My day does not start until I feel the light of your smile lighting up our world.
I love you sweetheart! Glad the tomb is empty…

 

No comments: