Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Talking About Today

When we first discovered that we were us, we talked about “today”. We talked about a home, not a house, two children that looked like her (sorry we missed that one), grey hair, aching bones, and still being in love. To be honest we had no idea how hard it would be to fight through all the challenges that God gifted us with. However, we planned to be here, today. I didn’t expect to be so incredibly in love with this person I have shared so many years with. Maybe because I didn’t know real love. I just flat out adore this woman. She fills in those spaces near the lines that I was once afraid to color outside of. In effect she became the bridge that took me outside the lines, outside my box. She has always seen the value in my dreams and understood the battles I’d have to fight. She wanted to fight by my side. “If God is for us, who can be against us?” I like our odds… I love you sweetheart. Glad the tomb is empty.

No comments: